This is my version of Macaroni Grills rosemary bread. This is a very easy to make bread that has brought me rave reviews with anyone who has made or tasted it. The secret is the sea salt and garlic powder mixture. Dipping the fresh hot bread in a good olive oil is a must.
1 cup water
1/2 cup olive oil
4 cup white bread flour
1-1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp sugar
1 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
2-1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
topping: fresh rosemary, sea salt, garlic salt
1. Pour water into bread machine pan add oil, flour, salt, sugar, rosemary and on top place a hole with your finger and add yeast.
2. Place pan into machine and place on dough setting. After this take dough and place onto parchment paper, knead into ball, make into a 9 diameter round. Cover and let rise for 40 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 400 F. With fork handle make indention’s in the top of bread, place rosemary into these holes. Sprinkle top with sea salt and garlic salt. Bake on greased pan for at least 30 minutes or until top of bread is golden. Drizzle baked bread with olive oil.
Yields: 1 loaf
I love potato and cabbage so this soup was perfect for me. This is a great way to use your gardens vegetables or to get your family to eat extra vegetables. This can be your main dish or a perfect side dish.
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, diced
1 teaspoon garlic, diced
3 potatoes, diced
1-1/2 stalks of celery, chopped finely
1-1/2 cups of cabbage, sliced and chopped
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper
1. In a 4-quart saucepan on medium heat add butter. Saute onion and garlic on low heat until transparent and fragrant. Add red pepper flakes, saute an additional 1 minute .
2. Add potatoes, celery, cabbage, broth and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Remove 2 cups of the vegetables from the pot and place in blender or food processor with milk, sour cream and flour- puree until smooth. Stir back into soup and reheat.
Yields: 8 servings
The combination of eggs and potatoes make this vegetarian meal a great main course. This dish is delicious served with fresh warm bread and a soup on the side.
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
8 eggs, boiled
3 tablespoons oil
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon ginger-paste
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
salt, to taste
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1. In a saucepan on high heat boil potatoes until done. In a large pan or wok add oil and onions, cook until onions are tender. Add spices and potatoes, mix. Add eggs. Cook covered on low for 15 minutes.
Yields: 3 servings