This dish reminds me of an Arabic style pot pie. The dough is quite nice and workable. You will have everything you need in this quick and satisfying meal bread, meat and vegetables.
2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
6 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
250 grams ground lamb
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 small tomato, finely chopped
1/2 tablespoons Arabic spice
1 cube Chicken bouillon, dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
1 egg, lightly beaten, extra
1. I a large bowl, combine flour, egg, milk, vegetable oil and salt. Knead until a soft dough forms. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Cover and keep aside for 1 hour.
2. Pre-heat oven to 375F. In a medium sized bowl add lamb, onion, tomato, Arabic spice and chicken bouillon. Mix well until combined.
3. Place dough onto a lightly floured surface or a baking mat. Knead and with a rolling pin roll out into a circle as thin as you can get dough. Do the same with the second dough ball as well. The dough should be able to fill a 11 x 7 inch casserole dish.
4. Place half of dough into bottom of dish, fill with meat and cover with remaining dough on top. Tightly press dough edges together to seal.
5. Beat the egg and carefully and brush on top of the dough. Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is golden.
Yields: 4 servings