1. Combine flour, salt, sugar, dry milk, butter or margarine, yeast, and warm water. Gather into a ball. Turn out a lightly floured surface, and knead until the dough is smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn to coat the surface. Cover with a damp cloth, and place in a warm spot for 2 hours.
2. Punch down the dough. Roll out to fit pizza pan. Allow to rise until doubled in size.
3. Place sauce on dough (leave room for crust), add cheese, meat, more cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt.
4. Bake at 375 degrees F until crust is a very light brown color (20 minutes). Remove from oven.
Yields: 1 pizza
What a mouth watering meal this is. The lime juice is an excellent flavor with shrimp. Serve this fabulous deal with a side of bread and some pasta to have a gourmet meal. The use of corn oil when cooking seafood is a must as it is a neutral oil.
1/4 cup corn oil
5 garlic cloves, chopped
Salt to taste
1 pound peeled shrimp
3 small hot dried chili’s
1/2 cup lime juice
1 cup of cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup of fresh cilantro
1. In a saute pan add oil and garlic over medium heat, cook until golden. Add shrimp and chili’s cook for two minutes. Reduce heat to low and add lime juice, tomatoes and cilantro. Simmer for 2 more minutes.
Yields: 4 servings
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast cubed
3 tablespoons masala mix (recipe below)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, diced
1/2 cup of water
1. In a large pan or wok add oil and onions, cook until golden on medium. Add chicken, garlic, garam mix, and water. Mix well. After five minutes reduce heat to low and cook for fifth teen minutes covered.
Serve with white basmati rice
Garam Masala spice mix:
1 tbs of each: chili powder, coriander, turmeric, cumin, dried ginger, fenugreek, clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and curry leaves.
Mix well and store.
Yields: 4 servings
This beautiful bright colored souped is perfect for those chilly days to not only warm your but to warm the soul with its exotic flavors. This is my go to soup when anyone is feeling under the weather. The mix of chicken and spices will soon clear up any sickness. Be careful with the harissa using it to your taste as it is very hot.
5 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoons olive oil
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons harissa or paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
2 medium zucchinis, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup couscous
1 (16 ounce) can of chickpeas
1. In an 8-inch skillet on medium heat sauté onions with olive oil until golden. Next, in a stock pan add chicken stock, chicken, onions, cumin, ginger, harissa, or paprika, salt and pepper, zucchinis, couscous and chickpeas. Bring to boil then cover pot and reduce to low for forty-five minutes.