| Edit Post
A few weeks ago when we went grocery shopping I grabbed a can of pumpkin so I could make some pumpkin recipes. Pumpkin has always been a favorite of mine so I always look forward to this season when all the foodies are full speed ahead crafting recipes. I have noticed a lot of people tend to call this bread but it's not bread what so ever remember just because it's in a loaf pan does not make it bread and this is much more of a cake. This recipe is pretty straightforward and simple combining my families love for pumpkin and Nutella. You can have this for brunch, dessert or a snack and that to me is a great all-purpose recipe.
1/4 cup butter, at room temperature, plus more for pan
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter and line a loaf pan; set aside. (I use non-stick silicon pans)
2. In a large mixing bowl add butter and sugar with a hand mixer beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mix.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to the butter mixture, and mix until just combined.
4. Add pumpkin and vanilla; mix to combine.
5. Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Drop Nutella over batter. Top with remaining batter.
6. Using a butter knife, swirl layers together.
7. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool before serving.
Yields: 1 loaf
▼ 2012 (126)
- ▼ October (7)
- ► 2011 (123)
- ► 2010 (141)
- ► 2009 (149)
- ► 2008 (142)