The fresh flavors of the Mediterranean have always been one of my favorite. You know the lemon, feta, za'tar and sumac. Ahh, I could make anything out of those ingredients and be content. Homemade pizza dough is something that I am extremely picky about I mean its not easy to get that perfect dough at home after all. I have been taught that extra olive oil is defiantly the key. It makes the dough rise perfect and cook moist.
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon yeast
2 tablespoons olive oil + more for topping
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1 cup warm water
3/4 pizza sauce
1 cup cubed feta cheese
1/2 cup capers
1/2 cup sliced green Spanish olives
3/4 cup shredded mixed cheese
3 teaspoons za'tar
3 teaspoons sumac
1. In a small bowl add yeast, sugar and 1/4 cup of the warm water. Carefully stir. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes until froth appears.
2. In a large mixing bowl add flour, olive oil and yeast. Carefully add water a little at a time until dough consistency forms, mix well. Add olive oil around the outside of the dough ball (not working in). Cover bowl and allow to sit in a warm place for at least an hour or until doubled in size.
3. Pre-heat oven to 400F. Place dough on a non-stick baking mat and roll out until dough is the same size as a rectangle baking sheet. Press dough all over with fingers. Cover baking sheet with olive oil and generously brush all over. Add dough onto baking sheet.
4. Using the same pastry brush carefully brush pizza sauce on top. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, olives, capers, feta, za'tar and sumac. Brush edges with more olive oil.
5. Place into oven and cook 20-30 minutes until crust is golden.