Feb 5, 2011
YAY World Nutella day is finally here. Thanks to Ms Adventures in Italy, Bleeding Espresso, and World Nutella Day for creating and hosing this event. The possibilities were endless with this one I mean what can you not do with Nutella? After months of brainstorming I simply wanted to make something that my family and I would enjoy. What is better than a dessert pizza? I mean it is lip-smacking, attractive and all ages love it oh yea and it has NUTELLA. It was actually pretty simple to make as well. I made thin crust dough and I sliced the dough into pieces allowing everyone to add whatever toppings they wanted. I have a very small family so that was more practical than using an entire jar of Nutella. And hey why your at it go ahead and make yourself nutella crazy with a cup of my hot nutella.
2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/4 teaspoon sugar
3/4 cup warm water
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
400 gram jar Nutella
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Pre-heat oven to 450F. In a small bowl add yeast, sugar and 1/4 cup of the warm water. Sit aside for 5-10 minutes until frothy.
2. In a large mixing bowl add flour, salt and yeast mixture. Add water a little at a time until a dough consistency forms. Knead for 2 minutes.
3. Working from the edges to the center, press dough into a 12" circle. Place dough on a lightly greased pizza pan and stretch dough to edges.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden. Sit aside and allow to slightly cool for 5 minutes.
5. With a pastry brush carefully brush nutella on top of crust. With a sifter dust powdered sugar on top of nutella then sprinkle with almonds.
Yields: 12 servings